Discover everything you need to know about the ABU admission list for 2022 and 2023 candidates, including details on the first, second, and third admission lists.
In this article we will focus on the Ahmadu Bello university (ABU) admission And how to check the admission on JAMB and school Portal, including how to accept the admission on the JAMB portal.
This is to notify all ABU 2022 and 2023 aspirants that the school have begin uploading the admission list on JAMB CAPS see how to Check the admission list on both school and JAMB portal.
ABU have merged the 2022 and 2023 admission process and this is to tell you that both admission will be be processed at the same time, the list will contain the list of successfully admitted candidates both 2022 and 2023.
ABU admission List for 2022/2023 & 2023/2024
School admission is first sent to JAMB, for it to be uploaded on their portal before the school upload it on its own portal. That is your adminission will first be on JAMB CAPS, before the school/ABU portal.
We will bring you the details guide on how to Check the admission on both JAMB and school Portal.
JAMB CAPS is the first place you’ll Check your admission status, and we’ve written a guide on how to Check your admission status here: how to Check JAMB admission status on CAPS.
1. To Check your admission status on JAMB CAPS, first Visit: https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/ (Change your to desktop mode)
2. Use the email address Linked to your JAMB portal and the password sent to your email to login.
After a successful login you’ll see a page like the one below.
3. Now click on the last Icon, the one with ☑️ logo(adminission status)
After you clicked the icon mentioned (the admission status button) you’ll be redirected to a page like the one below
4. Now Click on the ACCESS CAPS BUTTON as seen above.
After you click on ACCESS CAPS, you’ll be redirected to a page like the one shown below.
5. The picture above shows the CAPS home page using efacility.
As seen on the CAPS homepage, you’ll see different options from CAPS.
- My choice: this simply shows you the course and institution you apply
- My Olevel: simply shows you your Olevel result(WAEC & NECO) . This is very important check to see if your Olevel is there, if no Olevel display there it’s advisable you visit the nearest CBT centre to upload your Olevel.
- Admission status: this is where you Check if you are admitted.
- Marketplace: this show if another institution wants to offer you admission
- Transfer approval: this shows if your institution want to change the course you apply you’ll have the option to either accept or reject.
RECOMMENDED: ABU Cut-off Mark
How to ACCEPT admission on JAMB CAPS/Portal
If you’ve been admitted and now wants to accept your admission then congratulations below is how to accept your admission on CAPS.
From the pictures shown in number 4 of this article, click on admission status. You’ll be redirected to a page like the one below.
If you’ve been admitted the admission status will change from not admitted to admit and the ACCEPT and Reject admission button will be activated. From there you Click on accept admission.
How to Check ABU admission on school Portal
- To check your admission status on Ahmadu Bello University portal the first Step is to visit the post UTME portal https://portal.abu.edu.ng/forms
- Login to the portal using your JAMB registration number as username and state as password in small letter e.g abuja
After you successfully logged in to the ABU portal Click on the navigation at the right hand side. Picture below.
Now you’ll see the the Option like, Dashboard, Buy forms, Notification, Click on notification you’ll be taking to page that displays your admission status.
Once you are in the ABU admission portal, if you see pending it means you are not admitted yet or ABU is yet to update your adminission on their portal be patients and keep on checking,.
If you are admitted the Portal will change to admitted and you’ll be able to print your school admission letter.
Be sure to Print your JAMB and school admission letter as it’ll be required during your physical screening at the university.
Is it possible to get ADMITTED on ABU Portal Without being ADMITTED on JAMB CAPS?
The question whether it’s possible to get admitted on school portal without being admitted on JAMB portal is commonly asked by aspirants who haven’t seen AIP(Admission in Progress). it use to happen some candidates get admitted on the school portal without being admitted on JAMB CAPS.
However the case is very rare starting from 2021 admission, candidates will have be admitted on
Courses whose Admission status have Change to Admission in Progress
Courses on AIP now :
1 Veterinary Medicine
2 Mechanical Engineering
3 Computer Engineering
4 Automotive Engineering
5 Public Administration
8 Computer science
9 Biological science
10 Fine Art
11 Electrical Engineering
15 English language
16 Agriculture Economics
17 Agriculture science
19 Civil Engineering
21 Civil engineering
22 Arabic Studies
24 Education and Biology
26 Business Administration
28 Banking and Finance
30 Education and Islamic Studies
31 International Relations
32 Guidance and counseling
33 Mass Communication
34 Political Science
35 Human Kinetics
37 Mechatronics Engineering
38 Library and information science
41 Medicine and Surgery
43 Minning Engineering
44 Medical Lab Science
Stay glue to your CAPS.
Admission Status is expected to change to Admitted This Month and the admission list expected to be released on the school portal.
This is all you need to know about the ABU admission process, the admission list isn’t out at the moment this post was written, we will be sure to update the article when the admission list is out.