ABU post Guidelines and procedures of how to register for post UTME from yourself! Make sure you read the article to the end so as not to miss any important step.
It’s no longer news that the ABU post UTME form for the 2022/2023 and 2023/2024 session will be on sale starting from July 18.
In this article we will bring you detailed procedure on how to register for the post UTME and other things to know.
ABU post UTME
The Ahmadu Bello University Post UTME (PUTME) is a screening exercise conducted by the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria for candidates who have scored 180 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have chosen the university as their first choice. The purpose of the screening exercise is to assess the candidates’ academic abilities and suitability for admission into the university.
The PUTME screening exercise is a competitive process, and only the best-performing candidates will be admitted to the university. The results of the screening exercise are usually released a few weeks after the exercise is conducted.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the ABU Post UTME:
- Candidates must have scored 180 and above in the UTME for all courses.
- Candidates must have chosen Ahmadu Bello University as their first choice.
- Candidates must have completed their secondary education (WASSCE/NECO/GCE).
How to Register for ABU Post UTME
This are the procedures to register for ABU post UTME
To avoid making mistakes we strongly recommend you to ask someone familiar with the portal to register for you. You can contact us on WHATSAPP BY CLICKING THIS LINK for your registration!
Procedures to register for ABU post
- Visit ABU post UTME portal https://portal.abu.edu.ng/forms
- Scroll down and find out the Login Section
- Use your JAMB Registration number as username and your state ( the one registered with JAMB) as password.
- After you successfully logging you’ll see dashboard like the one below
- Click on Buy forms, and be sure it’s the course you applied you see there before proceeding to make payment.
- After making payment you’ll be able to upload your Olevel result, biodata etc.
- You might come across invalid credentials problem if you do. Your the WHATSAPP link to contact us for help
Register for ABU post UTME with Us
Regular Cafe charges is 3,500naira to 4k we can help you register for just 3k
As stated earlier on, to avoid making errors you can contact us via this Link so we can register for you. It Cost Only 3k for we to register for you(we will send you your form in PDF format after we are Done so you can print anywhere).
The person in charge of the Registration is an ABU Student, should you have any problem he’ll help you lay complaint at the appropriate school authority for help.
Important information about ABU post UTME
Important things to address, and make sure to note them. It might even take a mirror of advice for some—anyhow you see it, just note everything down.
• UTME candidates are the only ones to sit for the aptitude test, which starts on August 21st, 2023, and ends on August 26th, the same year.
• DE candidates, on the other hand, who are to upload their SSCE and A’level, ND, NCE, ABU-DIPLOMA, and/or HND credentials—that is supposed to be their own screening. After the screening, wait for the admission list. As a DE candidate, make sure to upload (scan) your A’level/IJMB, ND, ABU-DIPLOMA, HND, or NCE credentials at registration. Even if any computer or café operator says it isn’t necessary, make sure you upload it. No awaiting results. Perhaps you are using one; I am convinced the awaiting results would have been out by now.
• All UTME candidates are to make sure to check their dates of examinations with their faculty. Make sure to know which Faculty the course you wish to study falls under. If you don’t know or are even doubting, please don’t hesitate to ask anyone who might help.
• All UTME candidates are to travel down to Zaria for the PUTME aptitude test; it’s not an online examination that you can do directly from your home at a cafe. You don’t need to travel to Zaria for registration, but only for the aptitude test. It’s just a one-day examination.
Don’t miss your exam date. I doubt there will be reconsideration of rescheduling; maybe you missed it. In essence, note your exam date immediately and start the preparation.
• The PUTME subjects are the ones you sat for during UTME. So, no surprise subjects here, or even current affairs.
• The total PUTME score is the same as the UTME. The sum of the two would be added and divided by 2—the answer is your aggregate. The aggregate score will determine your admission, among a few other things.
• Hopefully, the results will be out in 1-2 weeks, and the admission list will be out before October. Why the practical guess? There will be another semester this year after the end of the second semester (the start of another session).
• Even the birds flying in the Kano sky know that ABU is going to merge (2022 and 2023 sets). It’s now evident. Therefore, you should raise your bar; the competition will be fierce, no matter what course you are aspiring for. Study smart, not hard, pray, and put everything in God’s hands.
• Again, DE candidates are only going to register. There is no need to travel down to Zaria for any submission of transcripts. After registration, just wait for admission. Pray sha. That’s normal, I guess.
• The examination is going to be a computer-based Test (CBT): 70 questions: 25 questions for English, and 15 questions for the three other subjects. Reiteration for emphasis purposes: the total mark is 400.
• Please note that it’s possible to sit for PUTME now and see your aggregate score before you can decide if to get a green card or not, so as to change your course. Simply put, if you are entertaining the idea of changing your course, then wait until after you have seen your PUTME score (aggregate score, to say). Then, you will know your next line of action.
• Make sure to have uploaded your O’level results on JAMB portal, and most importantly, A’level results for DE candidates. It’s better to check your portal again, perhaps you are doubting. No one will give you admission without your O’level and or A’level being uploaded.
• It is very advantageous to be staying near Zaria or know someone who stays around. The reason being that you might have an issue (God forbid) with registration or even the portal, and you can only clear it up at the Senate. Don’t fret; that can be done through friends too—a student friend, maybe. So, be nice to anyone. Who knows who might help you in the long run?
• There is no special housing provision from ABU for PUTME candidates. In short, cater for yourself by knowing where to stay when you are around. The rich kids among you may choose to rent a day or even a week’s lodge.
• On the day of your examination, tag along with your original JAMB registration printout and ABU PUTME registration printout. It will be the key to your exam hall. Don’t forget!
• Any candidates who fail to register for the screening exercise, whether UTME or DE candidates, won’t be considered for admission to the university. That clearly shows the importance of registration.
• Here is the link to register for the screening exercise: http://portal.abu.edu.ng/forms, come Tuesday, July 18, 2023.
Don’t let anyone dupe you, please. The registration fee is N2,000 for UTME or DE candidates. Albeit, the computer operator will definitely charge you N500 or N1000, and that’s okay.
• Lastly, ABU has no departmental cut-off mark, like many federal universities. But the general cut-off mark is 180. Hence, you have to have a score of at least 180 to be able to register for the screening exercise.
Now you’ve seen how to register for the ABU post UTME. If you have any question please feel free to drop it In the Comment section below.