Nigeria Police Recruitment Application Process, closing date, Requirements, Everything You Need to Know.
The Police Service Commission (PSC), in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), has announced the commencement of the 2023 recruitment exercise for constables (recruits).
Nigeria Police Recruitment 2023
The Nigeria police 2023 recruitments exercise commence 15 October 2023
The police force writes
“The Nigeria Police Force is pleased to announce the commencement of the recruitment process for qualified individuals into the rank of Police Constables in the General Duty and Specialist Cadres.
The Police Recruitment Board is set to open the application portal on October 15th, 2023, marking the beginning of an essential phase in enhancing the Force’s capabilities and effectiveness.
The online application portal will be opened for the period of six weeks from 15th October to 26th November 2023, where prospective applicants are required to complete the online application forms and submit same within the specified period via www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng
Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth and must possess the National Identification Number (NIN) with a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WAEC/NECO or its equivalent with credit passes in English and Mathematics, and aged between 18-25 years for General Duty, and 18-28 years for Specialists; medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.67m tall for male and 1.64m tall for female, with not less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for male only).
Applicants must be free from any financial embarrassment and not convicted of any criminal offence.
The available Specialised Fields include Medical Assistant (Junior Community Health Extension Workers (JCHEW), Veterinary Assistant (Relevant Certificate in Animal Health/Livestock), Band Section, Communications/Info-Tech Specialist, Driver/Mechanic, Marine, Plumbers. Masons, Painters, Tilers, Electricians, Welders and Carpenters
The Inspector-General of Police hereby issues a strong charge to all applicants, urging them to exercise vigilance and caution throughout the application process. He warned against the activities of fraudsters and individuals who may attempt to exploit the recruitment process for personal gain.
The IGP assures that the Police Recruitment Board comprises dedicated and disciplined individuals who will ensure a transparent and merit-based recruitment process devoid of corrupt and other sharp practices. He emphasized that the application and selection process is FREE, and will be carried out through official channels and that unscrupulous activities should be promptly reported to the authorities for necessary action”
Nigeria Police Recruitment Date 2023
- Online application for the Nigeria police force start October 15
- Nigeria Police online recruitment portal closes on 26th November 2023.
Documents and Requirements
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth.
- Applicants must possess the National Identification Number (NIN).
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five credits in not more than two sittings in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)/National Examination Council (NECO) or its equivalent, with credit passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall, while female applicants must not be less than 1.64 meters tall
- Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of enlistment.
- Applicants must have a valid email address and phone number.
- SSCE statements of results or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2015 will not be accepted.
Do you have any questions regarding the police recruitment? Feel free to ask any of your questions in the comment section below.